Lifelines (sometimes known as Personal Alarms)
A lifeline is a personal alarm system which allows elderly people to seek help if they fall or feel unwell. A pendant with an alarm button is typically worn around the neck or wrist and it is used to alert the company that provides the monitoring service via the lifeline unit which is installed next to the telephone. Further information on lifelines can be found on this section of the Bracknell Forestcare website. Forestcare currently provides the monitoring service on our funded lifelines.
The following information is relevant only for residents of the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead (RBWM):
- The lifeline service for RBWM is run by Housing Solutions in Maidenhead. Click here to download their lifeline application pack. If you have any questions please contact Pam Duff in the Lifeline Team on 01628 543160
- The cost of a lifeline from Housing Solutions is currently £113.36 per annum plus VAT where this is applicable. Note that 99% of people do not pay VAT on a lifeline
- if you are a tenant - either private or housing association - who is receiving a means-tested benefit, e.g. housing benefit or council tax benefit, then you may be entitled to a ‘free’ lifeline paid for by Supporting People
- if you are an owner-occupier who is in receipt of pension credit or council tax benefit you may apply to Environmental Health for a grant. If you are successful they will purchase the lifeline on your behalf leaving you to pay a discounted price of £87.36 per annum plus VAT where this is applicable
- Contact Pam if you have any questions on applying for wholly or partly funded lifelines.
We at Ascot Volunteer Bureau have funded a small number of lifelines for over 20 years now. If you come within our area, i.e. you are a resident of Ascot, Sunninghill or Sunningdale, and you need a lifeline but feel that you cannot afford one, and you are not eligible to have one wholly or partly funded then you can contact us to see if we can assist. Unfortunately, we are a very small charity with limited financial resources and we are fully committed at the moment. However, if we consider that you are a worthy case then we can add you to our waiiting list.